1. Information is not considered Official unless posted on the sanctioned Local branch, Kingdom Office, or Kingdom Guild website.
a) Official information (on a site hosted by the East Kingdom server) may not be duplicated in another location. Links to the Official information on the website may be posted to social media or other unofficial newsgroups directing readers to the website.
b) Event pages posted off of the East Kingdom Server must have a link back to the official announcement on the East Kingdom Calendar.
(1) If no Event entry on the East Kingdom Calendar exists, the event does not carry SCA Sanction and is not protected by SCA insurance.
(2) Social Media Event pages may not contain or display more information than the official Event entry on the East Kingdom Calendar.
(3) Local practices, meetings and demonstrations do not have to be listed on the East Kingdom Event Calendar to be official. They remain listed on the Local branch official website to be sanctioned.
2. No Warranted Webminister is required to take on the responsibility for any Social Media site.
a) The only official entity that the Warranted Webminister must administer is the official Local branch, Kingdom Office or Kingdom Guild website that they are assigned to.
b) The Local branch, Kingdom Officer or Guild Head cannot force a Webminister to take a social media site under their control.
c) If a posting is not hosted on the East Kingdom Server, it is intrinsically Unofficial.
3) Supporting Documents for this Policy:
a) In the Society Webminister Handbook the following can be found:
G. Additional Policies
1. Electronic Mailing Lists
(2) Please note that the East Kingdom server supports and offers official email mailing lists.
b) Under EK Law:(1) http://seneschal.eastkingdom.org/docs/EKLAW.pdf
Section X. Rights of Subjects
Expectation of Confidentiality
c) Under Society Seneschal Handbook:
V. REPORTING AND COMMUNICATIONS
H. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS POLICY
7. No messages posted to social media sites, general email lists, or other public electronic forums can be considered official communications.
I. WEBSITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES (INCLUDING FACEBOOK)
1. For a digital site to be recognized by the SCA, it must represent an established branch of the Society and must have a warranted web minister responsible for its content.
7. See the Corporate Social Media Policy for more details.
d) Social Media Policy:
2. Core Principles of the Social Media Policy
e) Social media is not an approved method of distributing official information. However, groups may redistribute information already disseminated according to other applicable policies.
5) Conduct in the Social Media Sphere
c. Society and Branch Officers
(a) Society officers shall recognize that social media is a public forum, but not a venue for official announcements or policy statements as required by Governing Documents and Officer policies.
(b) not be used to announce or communicate official policy or statements that have not otherwise been announced or publicized through required official channels (publication for event status, official sanction, changes to Kingdom Law, etc)