Every branch of the East Kingdom is eligible for free hosting for their web site within the eastkingdom.org domain.
How do I get server space for my local group on eastkingdom.org?
Any official Local branch or Royal Guild is eligible, provided that the web site conforms to the requirements of an officially recognized web page and has a warranted Webminister. .
To begin the process of getting your server space, please use the Help Desk website to request the space, or just email the East Kingdom Webminister with your request and we will begin setting up your site.
What are the advantages of being an officially recognized web site?
Your group is eligible for free hosting at groupname.eastkingdom.org. This free hosting includes a sub-domain name appropriate to your local group, with direct FTP access if needed.
Only recognized branch websites will be linked from the Local Groups page of the East Kingdom website.
Does that mean you will only link to officially recognized web sites from the Kingdom web site?
Yes and no. Only officially recognized websites can be linked from the Local Groups page of the East Kingdom website. However, groups with non-recognized websites can still be linked from the general links page.
What are the requirements for an officially recognized branch web site?
- Place the following disclaimer on your web site:
This is the official website for the <group name> of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. and is maintained by <SCA and/or modern name of Webminister> who may be contacted at <Webminister’s email address>. This site may contain non-authoritative copies of some SCA policy documents; to be sure you are viewing the complete and current version, consult sca.org or the originating office directly. This site may include links to external pages which are not maintained by the SCA; such links do not represent an endorsement, and the SCA is not responsible for the content of those pages. Copyright © <current year> <group name>. Please respect the rights of our contributors, who retain copyright to certain portions of this site. For permission to use photographs, articles, or artwork from this site, contact the Webminister.
- The branch have a Webminister who is warranted by the Kingdom Webminister, or a Seneschal who is willing to take responsibility for reporting to the Kingdom Webminister if there is no individual filling that office currently.
- Please note that a Webminister-At-Large can be assigned to the group to work with the Seneschal in order to meet this requirement.
- Personal information will not be published on any SCA-recognized Internet site without first gaining permission from the individuals involved. Permission must be received in writing.
- While the BoD has indicated that an e-mail exchange asking for permission and receiving an affirmative response back is considered “written” for the purpose of this policy.
- Be familiar with, and follow the Society Publication Policy and the Society Webminister Policies.