Kingdom Branch Websites
Every branch of the East Kingdom is eligible for free hosting for their web site within the eastkingdom.org domain.
How do I get server space for my local group on eastkingdom.org?
Any official Local branch or Royal Guild is eligible, provided that the web site conforms to the requirements of an officially recognized web page and has a warranted Webminister. .
To begin the process of getting your server space, please use the Help Desk website to request the space, or just email the East Kingdom Webminister with your request and we will begin setting up your site.
What are the advantages of being an officially recognized web site?
Your group is eligible for free hosting at groupname.eastkingdom.org. This free hosting includes a sub-domain name appropriate to your local group, with direct FTP access if needed.
Only recognized branch websites will be linked from the Local Groups page of the East Kingdom website.
Does that mean you will only link to officially recognized web sites from the Kingdom web site?
Yes and no. Only officially recognized websites can be linked from the Local Groups page of the East Kingdom website. However, groups with non-recognized websites can still be linked from the general links page.
What are the requirements for an officially recognized branch web site?
- Place the following disclaimer on your web site:
This is the recognized web site for the of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. and is maintained by <name>. This site may contain electronic versions of the group’s governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version. For information on using photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister at <email>. He or she will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the legal rights of our contributors. Copyright © <date/year>. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.
- The branch have a Webminister who is warranted by the Kingdom Webminister, or a Seneschal who is willing to take responsibility for reporting to the Kingdom Webminister if there is no individual filling that office currently.
- Please note that a Webminister-At-Large can be assigned to the group to work with the Seneschal in order to meet this requirement.
- Personal information will not be published on any SCA-recognized Internet site without first gaining permission from the individuals involved. Permission must be received in writing.
- While the BoD has indicated that an e-mail exchange asking for permission and receiving an affirmative response back is considered “written” for the purpose of this policy.
- Be familiar with, and follow the Society Publication Policy and the Society Webminister Policies.